Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Open Post

Repeat Offender 
I looked down at my wrist at the rose gold watch that had been given to me as a Christmas gift, and as I walked down a very still hallway the only thing I could hear was the echo of my size 11 heels clacking against the tile floor along in the ticking of my watch. Tick-tick-tick. The closer I got to the door of the testing room the more it registered that I was about to take the General Knowledge test for the fourth time and this was my last chance. As my eyes wondered to the floor, they began to dance from tile to tile as if in search for some revolutionary test taking wisdom. The closer to the door I got, the faster my heart beats grew and the sweatier my palms got. It was imperative that I pass this test otherwise, I wouldn’t be accepted into the college of education and I would be restricted from taking the Education courses necessary for me to graduate. This test had the ability to alter my plans at the University of Central Florida. It hit me that my two years at UCF could become three. Tick-tick-tick.

2 comments:

  1. Well! What happened? I am left wondering...I guess the time will tick tick tick for me until I know the answer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete